Indiana’s Own: The Crossroads Bank Tradition

From the day we first opened our doors on South Wabash Street, Crossroads Bank was invested in being a part of the community. Today, nearly 100 years later, the tradition holds strong and the roots grow deeper.

1920 – January 27th, the Home Loan and Savings Association (“The Association”) was formed. Its first office was located at 144 South Wabash Street

1952 – The Association moved to 156 – 168 South Wabash Street

1960 – The Association moved to 55 West Market Street

1966 – A Federal Charter was adopted and the name changed to First Federal Savings and Loan of Wabash

1968 – First Federal Savings and Loan expanded into North Manchester and opened its first branch office

1977 – A second branch office was opened in the Syracuse market

1982 – The home office of First Federal Savings and Loan moved to its current home at 1205 North Cass Street, Wabash, Indiana

1987 – A Mutual Savings Bank Charter was adopted and the name changed to First Federal Savings Bank of Wabash

1989 – First Federal Savings Bank formed a subsidiary company called FirstFed Financial of Wabash. FirstFed Financial offers insurance products and alternative investments including full brokerage services

1993 – First Federal Savings Bank converted to a Stock Savings Bank Charter and became, along with FirstFed Financial, a wholly owned subsidiary of FFW Corporation

1997 – First Federal Savings Bank acquired a branch office in South Whitley

2004 – The bank built a DeNovo office in Columbia City

2008 – January 1st, First Federal Savings Bank changed its name to Crossroads Bank. FirstFed Financial also changed its name to Investment Center at Crossroads Bank

2015 – The home office renovation at 1205 North Cass Street in Wabash was completed

2016 – The bank expands into the Peru market with a new branch